WHAT IS ACUPUNCTURE
Acupuncture is a natural, safe, and effective treatment method based on Chinese medicine — a system of healing that works with the natural regenerative abilities of the body. Acupuncture is the ancient Chinese medical technique of applying ultra-thin needles, or filaments, to specific points on the body (known as acupoints) related to energy pathways (known as meridians) that run throughout the body to activate the body’s life-force energy known as “Qi”.
We place the hair-thin filaments into specific points along the meridians, each with their own unique function. Western medicine recognizes that there is an abundance of connections between blood vessels, nerve bundles, and lymph tissue where these points are located. The acupoints function to restore balance to the body’s energy, and strengthen the body’s natural abilities to heal. Acupuncture has been cited by the Acupuncture Evidence Project (a more comprehensive and recent evaluation based on the World Health Organization review from 2003) as effectively treating 117 conditions* including allergies, asthma, back pain, carpal tunnel, colds and flu, constipation, depression, gynecological disorders, headache, heart problems, infertility, insomnia, pre-menstrual syndrome, sciatica, sports injuries, tendonitis, and stress.
- Pain Conditions – acute and chronic pain, headaches and migraines, sprains/strains, osteoarthritis, sciatica, low back pain, shoulder and neck pain, frozen shoulder, sports injuries and rehabilitation, and many more pain conditions.
- Psychological conditions – anxiety, depression, nervousness, OCD, ADD, grief, addictions (drugs, alcohol, smoking, food etc.), postpartum depression, phobias.
- Neurological and Sleeping conditions – insomnia, frequent waking, headache, migraines, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo, Meniere’s disease, types of paralysis, post-stroke recovery.
- Digestive conditions – stomach pain and aches, GERD, ulcers, diarrhea and constipation, gastritis, colitis, flatulence, hemorrhoids, food allergies, weight control.
- Allergies – seasonal, environmental, or food allergies, runny or stuffy nose, headaches, itchy or watery eyes, and skin rashes.
- Addictions – drugs, alcohol, or cigarettes, control cravings and emotions.
- Gynecological and Obstetrics conditions – such as pre-menstrual syndrome, tension, and pain; mood swings; irregular, heavy, painful, or absence of periods; abnormal bleeding or uterine discharge; prolapse of the uterus or bladder; breast tenderness; hormonal disturbances including disorders associated with menopause such as hot flashes and night sweats; infertility; childbirth preparation; morning sickness; gestational diabetes; postpartum challenges.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Grief & Miscarriage Support
- Health Tips and Guidance
- Lifestyle Counseling
- Pregnancy / Birth Preparation / Postpartum Planning Consultation
- Self-Care Techniques for Home Use
- Out Calls – Home or Hospital Visits